This was my first full stack project that I built for the HarperDB Hashnode Hackathon.
I also used many new technologies for making StaticShield such as Typescript and Auth0
Password protecting any website is really painful, some of the important features of a password protected website are:
- User will not have to enter the password to view the website again and again
- Rate limiting the login attempts.
- Password should be stored in a secure way and not in plain text
- Blocking the logins to the site temporarily
- Asking the user to enter the password again after a certain time
Here's a detailed blog that I wrote which goes through the process of making it